It seems like through these years of sitting in dead so called Revivals and Campmeetings and Church splits, the people sense the deadness and they start blaming the Pastor or the singers or the Deacons or somebody in the Church saying this or that killed the meeting.
Their final estimation was who ever killed this meeting :It Couldn’t Be me” (even if they had not prayed or visited or like Santa Claus come once a year or encouraged people to come they say it’s not me)
Now Please lets study where JESUS had the same crowd in his day and solve a mystery of who was it that would betray the Lamb of GOD.
Please open your KJV Bible to Johns Gospel Chapter 13:21-26 lets read
When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and
testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of
you shall betray me.
Please notice the word “betray” means to hand over, to deliver to an enemy.
Now “betray is used 42 times in the Bible and 37 times refers to CHRIST being betrayed.
Notice v-21 the Verily verily is spoken 25 times –but this is the only verily verily that troubled JESUS check it out.
Now notice when JESUS made this announcement “ V-22 All the disciples doubted of whom he spake. They all looked like angels to each other this is the elite these are handpicked men surely not one of us would betray this man that’s going to set up his Kingdom on this earth.
Now verse 25 John was so close to JESUS he is leaning on his breast says
Hey LORD tell me who’s going to betray you??? Please turn to Mt 26
And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of
you shall betray me.
LOOK REAL CLOSE every one began to say is it I LORD, surely not me I am a Preacher, I walk with you “It surely cannot be me”
Even Judas says in Mt 26:25 is it I what a snake ---and they began to say
One thing about it I would never do that and there’s no way it could be me.
(1) Simon Peter (the Rock) says it couldn’t be me because
(2) James (the Martyr) says it couldn’t be me
I am in the inner circle
(3) John (His name means gracious) says it could not be me
(4) Andrew (his name means manly) says it couldn’t be me
(5) Phillip says it couldn’t be me
(6) Thomas :says It could not be me
My only fault is I doubt sometimes, but I could not betray him
(7) Matthew( his name means Gift of GOD) says it could not be me
(8) Bartholomew:James,the son of Alphasus: Thaddaeus and Simon the Canaanite; says it could not be us.
(9) Judas Iscariot says it could not be me
Ok now I ask you who is it, now watch as JESUS exposes the rat
But not one disciple caught what JESUS was saying notice John 13:26
JESUS said the one that I am going to give the SOP to
(1) Satan OWNED PERSON v27 (Satan entered into Judas)
(2) SKILLED ON PRETENDING V28(no man knew)
(3) STEADILY OCCUPIED POSITION V29(the bag)
(4) SLIPPED OUT PROMPTLY V30 (went immediately went out)
(5) SON OF PERDITION John 17:12
(6) SOUGHT OUT PLACE (John 18:2
(7) SEARCHED OUT PRIEST Mk 14:10
(8) SETTLED ON PRICE Matt 26:15 thirty pieces of silver
(9) SADDENED OVER PRESENT Matt 27:3
(10) SUICIDE OVER PAST Matt 27:5 hanged himself
The main point of the SOP Judas was the same old person never born again never changed like so many today, religious but lost.
Now my question to you have you or will you betray CHRIST, it could be any of us.
You remember your not as Holy as you want to hold others to be.
We are like Peter in Acts 3:14 saying “ You denied the Holy one you sorry low down outfits, you need to stand up for JESUS.
What had he just got forgiveness for? denying the Holy one, a little over a month ago.
We soon forget our sins but condemn others.
So next time you read about the SOP I hope this helps.
I do not understand Preachers that say their message came from GOD, and yet they put a copy right on their sermons so you cannot record them or use them because of their copy right.
If its GOD'S sermon then its free cause GOD holds the original copy, right so why send money to this clown.
I say call the law for him selling stolen property. AMEN